Sunday 1 November 2009

Heritage seeds

I went to the allotment in the wind and rain this morning to take up the pumpkin plants and dig over that bed.
I harvested some lovely kale and the first of the purple sprouting broccoli.
The only other allotmenteer there today has given me some seeds from the heritage seed library to grow and then to pass on.
He also gave me some perennial strawberries which are very late fruiting and tolerate shade, so I put these in at the top of the bed that I had just dug.
It's now one of those lovely autumn days with squally wind and rain - just right for a walk by the sea this afternoon - I wonder if Nigel can be persuaded?
However I have also just lit the woodburner so it could also be just right for sitting knitting and reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment