Liz (pictured) and I went to the allotment on Sunday and starting work finding and clearing the paths between the beds. We have got three paths clear and have put a temporary covering down of black plastic to be replaced by some better weed suppressant textile at the weekend. We also cleared the area in front of the compost heaps which now gives us much better access. We also hauled out old bits of brick and rubble from the bed, which we've put to good use holding down the path coverings at the moment. Just to make me feel like there is actually something growing, I rescued some shallots from one of the beds and cleared a small space to put them in!