Sunday 25 July 2010

Putting my back into it

This morning Nigel banned me from going to the allotment on the basis that I have hurt my back, however I managed to negotiate a 'picking only' trip.
After harvesting the courgettes, french beans and black currants I just couldn't ignore the take over of the brassica patch by weeds so managed to get up quite a lot of them using a bizarre lying on the floor sort of technique to avoid bending. I then took to pulling up the remaining broad bean plants to give on poor struggling courgette some much needed light.
After about ten minutes I had had enough, but this made me realise just how important that allotment patch has become to me. When I was initially considering not going, I felt a genuine sadness - like not being able to get to see a close friend when you have arranged to do so.
Hopefully my back will clear up in a couple of days to enable me to get up to the allotment to tackle the weeds properly as we are off to Dorset next weekend to take Timmy for his first holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Finally, while you would not think that orange and green would work well together, it does so in this case in spades.. and rolex replica uk this is coming from someone whose color preferences tends to be conservative (read, black and white). The rolex replica uk Milgauss case is 40mm with lug to lug measurements coming at mere 48mm. As a result, the watch wears rather small which also means that it will fit most guys. For me, unless I previously wore one of my larger replica watches, the 40mm case does not bother me. Also, because the rolex replica sale Milgauss weighs in at just under 150 grams, any smallish feelings tend to disappear quickly since you can definitely feel that you are wearing a heavy and solidly built replica watches uk timepiece. The bracelet is of the same steel with polished center links. The adjustment of the replica watches sale screwed links is easily done and the bracelet size can be further slightly adjusted in a breeze with the Easy Link.

    ReplyDelete