Friday 15 May 2009

Question: When is digging not digging?

Answer: when it is shovelling.
Nigel has reprimanded me for moaning about having hurt my back after I had been to the osteopath, and is holding me to my statement in the previous posting about digging before my appointment not afterwards. However, my defence is that I did the damage shoveling compost and bark chippings in to bags, and that this does not constitute digging.
I may have to consult Anthony - the legal eagle about the validity of my case!

1 comment:

  1. –verb (used without object)
    1. to break up, turn over, or remove earth, sand, etc., as with a shovel, spade, bulldozer, or claw; make an excavation.
    2. to make one's way or work by or as by removing or turning over material: to dig through the files.

    This definition from Dictionary.com clearly mentions the word shovel.

    ReplyDelete